Thursday, July 1, 2010

I want Chocolate a Toy and a Surprise!

The only Kinder Surprise Advert that has stayed in my mind is the one with the mum going out shopping and saying to her two children 'Do you want me to get you anything?' of course they do, and they ask for 'Chocolate' and a 'Surprise' and a 'Toy', what greedy children they are!
Mum of course is very lucky and stumbles across the wonders of the Kinder Surprise Egg. A mixture of milk and white chocolate in the shape of an egg that when you crack it open you will find a small yellow container, open it up and inside is a small toy! Wow, what a surprise! And of course the children were so happy and pleased! I think that this was an American advert that was then brought over for use on our television, the advert had a soft misty look and the voice over was American.I can't remember what the music was like but I can imagine it would have been suitably cheesy.
Kinder Surprise is very popular in America I'm not sure how well it took off over here. I used to love the advert and I know as a child I wanted my mum to bring one back for me after she had been shopping. You can just imagine it can't you ' But mum I want chocolate, toy and a surprise!' moan, moan, whinge, whinge as if children aren't bad enough as it is. I never got them though because they were quite expensive, when I was little I think they were 50p and now they are something like 62p.
The toys are now seen as collectables in some cases and a lot of people are selling them on e-bay. I remember I started to collect some little tortoises in different hats and stuff but gave up in the end. I didn't like the toys that you had to make your self though, too many little bits and the instructions were not very clear. Kinda Surprise Eggs are made by a company called Ferreo a Canadian Company who are the also the makers of the following products:
Tic Tacs - these adverts are normally very good and funny. Ferreo Rocher - we all know this advert although the voice-overs have been dubbed.Nutella - American adverts transferred to the UK again. Personally I think it would be better to create new advertisement suited to the country you are trying to sell in. I do not have any statistics to look at but as a consumer from the UK I would be more impressed if a company had thought about it's target audience and not just aired American adverts they had already made.
I have not seen an advert for Kinder Surprise Eggs in a while but it is nearly Easter so no doubt some will start popping up on our screens soon. I have written this review purely from memory so feel free to correct me if I am incorrect. Leave me a message if you remember the advert as well and if you own and Kinder toys!
LizzieX

No comments:

Post a Comment